The 2nd annual Multicultural Festival will take place this Sunday, February 19 from 3-6 p.m. at Central Catholic High School. The event will include live dance performances representing the following countries or regions:
- Ireland (McGovern Ceili Dancers)
- Middle Eastern (Troupe Oasis)
- Philippines (Dancers Devine – Pamaypay Ladies Filipino Dancers)
- Mexico (Yolotzintli Dance Troupe; Guadalupe Dance Group)
- Indian (Dance Fusion Group)
- China (Confucius Institute at Purdue Performing Arts Troupe)
There will be booths featuring ethnic food from Italy, El Salvador, USA, Mexico, Philippines, and Eastern Europe.
There will also be arts, crafts, country displays, and games. Admission is free.
The main purpose of the Multicultural Festival is to explore the differences and similarities of various cultures that are, despite those differences, Unified in Faith. This objective can be realized through raising cultural awareness about one’s personal culture and the culture of their family and to also reflect on how that culture contributes to their individuality.
The Multicultural Festival hopes to educate or share individual cultures with the school community and the Greater Lafayette community in hopes of creating better understanding amongst different cultures of the world.
For more information, please see the Multicultural Festival Flyer.