We are getting ready to Celebrate Our Successes during the 2021 Blue Knight Auction! One milestone to look forward to is new signage in front of CC. Contractors are expected to begin work this summer on the new Spiritual Plaza and sidewalk project. The project will be among the most publicly visible and vitally important in demonstrating to our school and broader community our mission and strength of Catholic education in the Lafayette area. There are several elements that will be incorporated into the project.
- The new plaza and sign will be made of stone to match other architectural elements around the school grounds.
- The existing cross on the sign will be removed, refurbished and installed on the west wall of the plaza.
- A national historical marker from the Daughters of the American Revolution will be constructed on behalf of Capt. Mary T. Klinker, CC ’65.
- The ten commandments, the four patron saints of CC, and the beatitudes will be incorporated into the plaza.
- Twelve dedication trees will be planted to accommodate memorial requests in line with the LCSS guidelines and procedures to memorialize individuals or groups associated with the schools.
- Professional landscaping and lighting effects will be installed in front of the new stone sign.
- A new ten foot wide concrete sidewalk will be installed along 9th street in front of the school property to the intersection at Teal Road.
To learn more about LCSS milestones and successes, please visit https://www.lcss.org/apps/pages/V2030